- Find a Vet
- BESTPRACTICE accreditation programme
- Planning for a disaster
- For pet owners
- For farmers
- Become a veterinarian
- The NZVA's advocacy work
- COVID-19 Resources
BESTPRACTICE® accredited veterinary clinics and hospitals offer animal owners the best possible standard of veterinary care at all times.
The New Zealand Veterinary Association's BESTPRACTICE® accreditation programme is New Zealand's only quality accreditation programme that ensures the highest standard of service and professionalism for veterinary clinics and hospitals in New Zealand.
You can be sure to receive quality care at a BESTPRACTICE® accredited clinic or hospital.
Your pets are family, and your livestock are your livelihood, so it makes good sense for you to invest in a veterinary practice you can trust to be up to date with the very best standards of care.
BESTPRACTICE® takes the risk out of choosing a veterinary practice.
When you choose a BESTPRACTICE® accredited clinic or hospital you can be sure of excellence in:
- Service: Staff are well-presented professionals available for 24-hour emergency service.
- Training: All staff are professionally trained and experienced in veterinary medicine, surgery, animal health and welfare, have access to up-to-date materials, and are allocated time to ensure continuing professional development.
- Facilities: The veterinary clinic has modern, well-maintained facilities and equipment in an environment that is comfortable and safe for you and your animal.
- Information: The clinic has well-organised data storage systems to ensure your animal's health records can be easily accessed and updated.
- Safety: Any medication dispensed is clearly labelled and appropriately packaged, so you know exactly what to do, and how.
And because BESTPRACTICE® is currently a voluntary programme, you know when you choose an accredited clinic or hospital that your veterinarian stands by their excellence because they volunteer to be audited every two years.