- For veterinary professionals
- For the public
- NZVA positions and resources
Society of Dairy Cattle Veterinarians Branch
To represent a united dairy veterinary profession that is recognised and respected nationally and internationally.
To enable the profession to remain relevant, healthy and sustainable in a changing world, through proactive leadership and being the voice of dairy cattle veterinarians in New Zealand.
We do this by:
- Liaising with stakeholders such as DairyNZ, the Ministry for Primary Industries, Fonterra, DCANZ, Federated Farmers and the Dairy Women’s Network.
- Lobbying on key issues affecting our profession.
- Developing tools, resources, standard operating procedures, policy and services for veterinarians and for farmers.
- Supporting our members by engaging and listening to their feedback and experience.
- Keeping members updated on changes in legislation and developments.
- Helping to develop future-focused professional development for our members through courses, workshops and conferences.
Members receive regular eNews updates and a quarterly print newsletter to keep them updated on the latest in our field.
Membership is included for NZVA members as part of your annual subscription fee – sign-up when you join or renew your membership. Or, to join outside the membership renewal period please email email@example.com.
Immediate Past President
- David Dymock
- Duncan Crosbie
- Gregory Lindsay
- Laurie Gray
- Bryce Tod